Open Job Vacancies at Kenya Airways
Open Job Vacancies at Kenya Airways,
Open Job Vacancies at Kenya Airways
Jobs at Kenya Airways
Kenya Airways, the leading African airline flying to more African destinations than any other carrier, takes pride in being at the forefront of connecting Africa to the world and the World to Africa through its hub Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
GSE Team Leader – H09
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements, policies, processes, procedures, organization standards and local procedures is achieved so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Promote and maintain a positive safety culture, healthy, secure and cost-effective operations for Kenya Airways and ensure compliance with the relevant industry/legislative requirements, GSE manufacturers’ relevant requirements and company procedures.
- Identify and report hazards, near misses, incidents and accidents.
- Allocate duties to technicians, mobilize workshop resources in order to Service, maintain and repair GH equipment and facilities for effective service delivery in a cost-effective manner.
- Liaise with equipment/facilities users, follow up and arrest defects to ensure maximum equipment/facilities availability.
- Assess defects on GSE and facilities, perform root cause analysis and carry out corrective measures
- Identify and requisition materials for the task at hand in order to ensure timely release and availability of GSE and other facilities for ground operations
- Embrace and maintain a positive safety culture, a healthy and secure work environment to self, fellow colleagues and GH equipment/facilities in order to maximize productivity.
- Document day to day maintenance works and activities on GSE/facilities and maintain equipment records and history.
- Directing and developing technicians for increased efficiency
- HND in Automotive/Electrical/Production/Plant
- Engineering or related discipline with 3 to 5 years relevant experience.
- Ordinary diploma, Technician III or Craft Certificate III Automotive mechanic/Electrician/Welder/related discipline with 8 years relevant experience.
- Experience in Automotive/ Heavy diesel/Mobile plant environment.
- Experience in computerized, PLC Repairs
- Good knowledge of hydraulic systems and electrical circuits.
- Good knowledge of IC engines, hydraulic systems and electrical circuits.
- Have a valid driving license and airport driving permit.
- Good diagnostic skills and ability to interpret electrical, hydraulic and other engineering diagrams
External End Date; 01-Jun-2023
Lead Travel Advisor / Sales & Ticketing Lead
- Responsible for the team ticket issuance in the outlet by observing all approved tariff
- Schedule and fares to maximize on revenue and reduce on unnecessary billing by other carriers.
- Ensure passenger ticket-correct booking class and seasonality and correct names per Passport.
- Corporate ticket-against approved discounts and Contacts
- Group’s tickets- Against approved groups fare by RM.
- IATA Travel agents’ tickets-Against VMPD.
- Excess baggage MCOS-Against approved rates.
- Staff Rebates-against approved i-Pride authorizing class of Travel, Routing, and staff Names / Dependant.
- Other Airlines tickets – Against approved IATA RES 788.
- Stretcher case handling and ticket-as per policy.
- UMNR ticket and handling-as per policy.
- CREW tickets-as per approved list from crew scheduling.
- MCO for Last minute upgrade-as per approved levels by Revenue Management.
- Package Tickets- As per communicated levels by KQ holiday.
- KL/AF/DL/PW tickets- As per GSA agreements.
- Offer exemplary service to improve customer satisfaction and retention.
- Foresee office functionality and customer comfort by liaising with IS and Maintenance & property to keep Air-conditioning, lighting, and computers fully functional at all times.
- To request all Special service SSR and follow-up for actions to ensure seamless service to our customers e.g. special meals, wheelchairs, advance seat request.
- Empathize with customers who have been misconnected, denied boarding, delayed flights by rerouting, rebooking as preapproved procedures.
- To strive to resolve any customer complaints and escalate to Customer Relation and follow up feedback.
- Be a role model in providing professional customer care to our customers.
- Correctly communicate KQ products, schedules& fares so as to maximize on sales and meet set revenue targets within the shops/outlets while observing good CRS practices to reduce on costs.
- Reconciling of sales returns to account for personal daily sales.
- Processing refund and ensuring passengers are guided accordingly on the amount refundable for reimbursement on unutilized tickets.
- Updating relevant dashboards for records/reconciliation and tracking purposes.
- Filing of required documents as per sales process especially for direct corporates.
- Prepare and produce weekly/monthly sales reports to measure sales performance and account for all activities relating to IS, RM, Security, Safety and Maintenance,
- Produce and reconcile daily sales report and sign off.
- For Direct Corporate produce statistical information on weekly basis to assist in evaluating the efficiency of the Team and to inform on service improvements.
- Create and Maintain Customer PROFILE data to assist in distribution of our special promotion fares to maximize on sales.
- Promote on-line processes (on line booking, payment and check in) to maximize sales.
- Generate ancillary revenue through sell of KQ merchandise (e.g. Rugby T-Shirts) & extra legroom seats.
- Promote KQ travel insurance (travel guard)and Msafiri Credit Card.
- Servicing all Loyalty program members (Flying Blue, Kool Flyers, Msafiri card etc.) to increase sales.
- Promote KQ Holiday.
- Processing /proration of refunds.
- Responsible for safe custody of accountable documents and fi ling of MCOS/Ticket copy for audit purposes.
- Preparing and sending proforma invoices to customers.
- Documentation of company assets within our offices.
- To prepare and administer the shift/leave roster for optimal utilization of staff and resources.
- Ensure all administrative matters in office are handled as per KQ policy and regulations (Office equipment maintenance, valid licenses, cost cutting cleanliness, uphold KQ brand image) for business continuity.
- Enhance correct CRS usage and queue management to reduce cost.
- Conduct staff appraisals as per KQ’s policy to measure staff performance.
- To undertake induction, training, and development of new and existing team members.
- To provide Coaching to each staff within the team and updated feedback from both parties.
- To maintain daily opening/closing approved timings for the office while allocating resources appropriately.
- To ensure all staff have the systems / tools/stationery required for them to perform their duties.
- To identify ideal Processes and Procedures for Sales office Activities to assist in Agent training and implementation of the same.
- Perform any other duty as maybe assigned.
- Sustain standards in the outlets.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years Sales experience /Diploma in a business-related field plus 4 years Sales experience.
- Expertise knowledge in Sales and Ticketing processes
- Demonstrated product and market knowledge
- Negotiation Skills
- Good communication and presentation skills.
External End Date: 31-May-2023
Senior Tax Specialist
- Preparation of monthly, semi-annual, and annual corporate and deferred tax computations for the group.
- Preparation of station accounts to support annual compliance in regional countries.
- Review of annual accounts for the outstations in the region before submission by tax consultants.
- Collaborate with accounting team and auditors to provide tax notes to the financial statements.
- Reconciliation of Tax accounts and analysis of tax risks for necessary provisions to be made.
- Provide key input towards managing Group Transfer Pricing compliance.
- Design, advise and implement tax planning measures for optimal tax impact for the Group to maximize profits.
- Study and interpret tax laws with the view of Identifying and exploiting tax opportunities in the region to generate tax savings for the company.
- Identify, lodge, and follow up tax refund claims with tax authorities and fast track the refunds to improve the Company cash flows.
- Identify and lobby for tax law amendments and exemptions with the various Jurisdictions to reduce the cost of doing business for the company.
- Review of the existing bilateral agreements and recommending the establishment of Double Tax Agreement to reduce the impact of double taxation.
- Advise on various tax implications on company’s projects/initiatives to reduce tax exposures.
- Review, advise and negotiate for favorable tax clauses in the supplier contracts to reduce the burden of tax on the company.
- Review all tax schedules and tax returns for submission to Tax Authorities.
- Analyze, object, and resolve tax assessments/queries from various Revenue Authorities and other statutory bodies to vacate/reduce tax assessments.
- Tax health checks for outstations and subsidiaries to ensure tax compliance.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option) or related business finance degree from a reputable Institution.
- Full ACCA/CPA Qualifications.
- Ten (10) Years in Tax related assignments
- Understanding of international tax principles.
- Experience in Airline related taxation is an added advantage.
External End Date :30-May-2023
How to apply
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.