Open Job Vacancies at International Rescue Committee
Open Job Vacancies at International Rescue Committee,
Open Job Vacancies at International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee is a global humanitarian aid, relief and development nongovernmental organization.
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Client Responsiveness and Accountability Volunteer
- The International Rescue Committee’s (IRC) mission is to help the world’s most vulnerable people survive, recover, and gain control of their future. The IRC has been working in Kenya since 1992, providing health care, women’s protection and empowerment, protection, governance and rights, and nutrition services to refugees and the host communities.
- The Client Responsiveness and Accountability (CRA) volunteer reports to the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and technically to the Senior Protection Manager. S/he will support IRC Lodwar field office in the implementation of Client Responsiveness and Accountability actions. S/he ensures that feedback mechanisms (both proactive and reactive) are established in consultation with the communities; regularly promoted through different media and other community engagement forums. S/he will ensure clients’ feedback is regularly collected, analyzed, and responded to in timely manner. S/he also ensures that CEA reports are regularly generated within the agreed frequency and result areas and are presented regularly during project meetings and donor reporting requirements. Additionally, the C.R.A. Officer conducts feedback sessions, Focus Group Discussions, and surveys to solicit for clients’ feedback.
- Update/Review the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and feedback Plans together with the senior protection manager and Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
- Lead and coordinate processes to collect, review and respond to client feedback regarding IRC implementation projects on Reproductive Health, Nutrition, Women Protection and Empowerment (WPE) and Livelihoods in Turkana County and West Pokot County.
- Set up feedback mechanisms in collaboration with the IRC implementing partners to collect and respond to client feedback–both proactive and reactive considering technological advancements and literacy of the target population
- Conduct regular Focus Group Discussions, support Data collection activities and meetings with different stakeholders to solicit feedback on IRC’s work in support with Monitoring and Evaluation department.
- Contribute to documentation of the success stories and lesson learnt of the project during implementation under the support of Monitoring and Evaluation department.
- Use the guidance on implementation and monitoring in the Client Responsive Programming Framework in accordance with IRC’s responsiveness strategic objectives for good and great standards.
- Contribute to routine data quality audit of the program with technical support of the M&E department.
- Establish a help desk/information table for the community members to answer beneficiary comments/questions.
- Conduct Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM) of cash-based interventions.
- Support routine monitoring of nutrition supplies in West-Pokot office
- Prepare client engagement and accountability reports and share with the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and Senior Protection Manager.
- Enter, analyze, and share consolidated client feedback data to field management to be discussed at field management meetings for course correction.
- Compile and share ideas and methods across the different sectors on how to engage with communities in two-way communication.
- Facilitate workshops and discussions with key staff on client engagement and accountability mechanisms.
- Spearhead the development of feedback in contingency plans and emergency preparedness in line with IRC best practices and guidelines for working in emergencies.
- Help in developing assessment tools in collaboration with Monitoring and Evaluation team.
- Update the client feedback registry and classify the complaints and feedback as required.
- Help in design and development of Information education and communication materials for client feedback mechanisms.
- Monitor the concerns of clients accessing IRC services and highlight the specific needs of men, boys, women, and girls.
- Examine programme implementation and assess possible improvements based on lessons learned.
- Submit high quality monthly reports; compile statistics, and document challenges and lessons learned.
- Key Working Relationships
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in humanitarian contexts, implementing Community Engagement and Accountability (CEA)/Accountability to Affected Population (AAP) programs.
- Ability to package and communicate complex topics through written reports and presentations.
- Excellent facilitation skills, and strong understanding of how to collect feedback safely and accurately from all members of a community regardless of their age, gender, or other diversity factors.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks; proven self-initiative and problem-solving abilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in relevant fields such as human rights, international law, social sciences, statistics, or related field.
- Advanced English language skills, oral and written.
- Expertise in delivering community engagement and accountability mechanisms, as well as capacity to support effective communication with communities (with a specific focus on empowering women, children, and marginalized groups).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PSS, EPIinfo, KOBO/ODK PowerPoint etc.)
- Proficient in Data analysis and visualization
- Knowledge of COMET, COMM Care and PowerBi
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation
Supply Chain Assistant -Warehouse
- Reporting to the Supply Chain Officer you are required to provide all necessary Supply chain supports to the field project activities in the Kenya program and proceed with maximum efficiency while adhering to IRC’s Supply chain procedures.
- The Supply Chain Assistant will work under the supervision of the Supply Chain Officer and should be a strong team member who can assist in the continued development of the Supply Chain team and contribute to the further effective running of IRC activities in Nairobi. She/he will be based in Nairobi and will be responsible for the effective management of the warehouse staff and assets. The Supply Chain Assistant is a key position within Supply Chain and carries responsibility for the integrity of the IRC’s Supply Chain system. Supply Chain must be able to rapidly response to the programs and operation’s needs, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records. Specific responsibilities include.
- Manage all staff employed in the Supply Chain Warehouse and Assets Department supporting operations for Kenya Program by assigning of duties through Delegation, monitoring the performance and regularly evaluating staff directly supervised by him /her.
- Ensure there is an adequate and neatly organized filling system for waybills, inventory records, assets database, properties, and other relevant supply chain records.
Supply Chain Activities.
To ensure all Supply Chain activities are carried out to a satisfactory standard.
- To ensure that the necessary Warehouse and Assets activities are affected for all projects.
- To familiarize yourself with the IRC Global Supply Chain Manual for warehouse and Assets and comply with the policies outlined in the Manual in terms of the documentation, policies, and procedures.
- To complete required reports and submit weekly and monthly logistic reports in good time to the Supply Chain Officer.
- Ensure that all the warehouses are well maintained.
- Ensure that updating stock records is done daily on the Integra system, Bin cards and stock cards.
- Ensure close follow up on cool boxes, mail bags, assets for repairs from field sites and are shipped back to ensure efficiency in the continuity of program activities.
- Make sure that you generate delivery report/Good received Notes/product receipts form for all the items that are locally delivered.
- Proper management of stock by applying the FEFO and FIFO rule.
- Proper management of the cold chain supplies
- Ensure that all stores’ procedures are followed by all staff.
- Ensure that there is Controlled access to all IRC stores and ensure that stores premises are secure.
- Ensure that the filing system for stores is well maintained.
- Ensure that an efficient storage and inventory system is maintained.
- Prepare and review monthly inventory reports.
- Ensure that an update office, residence, and stores inventory is done monthly.
- Ensure that all Logistics Policies and Procedures are followed and adhered to in all transactions.
- Carry out periodic training reviews with all logistics staff.
Assets and Equipment Management.
- Ensure that an updated asset register and properties are maintained monthly.
- Ensure that the updated assets inventory sheets and Integra are well maintained.
- Ensure that all IRC assets and equipment are well maintained.
- Ensure that all assets that are allocated to individuals are signed off equipment issue form.
- Ensure that all IRC premises are well maintained.
- Ensure that the movement of IRC assets is tracked, and the necessary documentation is done when an asset changes its status.
- Ensure that an up-to-date filing system for all assets is maintained.
- Review all monthly asset reports.
- Recommend assets for disposal and ensure that the necessary paperwork is prepared.
- To attend meetings when requested by the Supply Chain Officer.
- To Act on the procurement, Transport and Admin, when necessary, as requested by your supervisor.
- To maintain confidentiality.
- To continually strive to improve working methods, practices and working relationships within IRC.
- To promote an atmosphere of co-operation and team spirit among IRC staff.
- To always carry out all duties responsibly and act in a professional manner.
- Warehouse Monthly report
- Inventory Report
- Any other Warehouse reports required by supply chain coordinator or direct supervisor.
- Assets inventory report
- Assets Monthly Report
- Disposal plans
- Any other Assets reports required by supply chain coordinator or direct supervisor.
- Degree in procurement, Supply Chain/Logistics management or any other relevant field in Supply Chain. A CIPS Graduate Diploma will be an added advantage.
- At least three years’ experience in a busy supply Chain/warehousing context preferably INGO environment
- Thorough method of working with ability to work under pressure to pursue multiple tasks simultaneously to successful conclusions.
- Management ability to lead, motivate and develop staff.
- Positive attitude with good sense of humor.
- Committed team player.
- Ability to sometimes live and work in isolated areas and in conditions of limited comfort.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel etc. ).
How to apply
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.