M-KOPA Hiring Senior Validation Engineer-Nairobi, Kenya
Senior Validation Engineer
TECHNOLOGY – SOFTWARE ENGINEERING /
At M-KOPA, We Finance Progress.
The scale and impact of our work is massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing FinTech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off-grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
Want to know more about M-KOPA? Click this link: About M-KOPA
The Engineering Test Team is validating all the products that M-KOPA intents to sell. This includes Embedded systems (SHS), Battery management systems, EV charging stations, Electric vehicles etc.
As a Senior Product Test Engineer, you will ensure that a high quality is maintained by you and the junior engineers. You will use your innovativeness and technical knowhow to improve on the test plans to ensure that all aspects of a product are tested and any issues found. You will produce high quality and detailed test reports. We encourage creativity and welcome any ideas on how to improve our product or design.
This is an on-site role in our office in Nairobi. You will be reporting to the Engineering Test Manager. #LIon-site
YOU ARE EXCITED ABOUT THIS ROLE BECAUSE YOU WILL:
- Perform validation and verification of electrical installations for charging electric vehicles, ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Develop and execute test plans and strategies for the different products in the portfolio, such as IoT Battery Management System, Charging Stations, electric vehicles, batteries etc.
- Identify and analyze issues found during testing, and work with the relevant teams to develop appropriate solutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product development, hardware, and firmware engineering teams, to ensure testing of all products and systems.
- Create detailed test reports, documenting test procedures, results, and any identified issues.
- Ensure that all testing processes and documentation comply with relevant standards and regulations.
- Research and stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies, and contribute to the improvement of test methodologies and tools.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior test engineers and support staff.
WE ARE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE:
- 3+ years of experience in product testing and validation, with a focus on embedded IoT systems, Batteries, Electric Vehicles.
- Experience with industry standards and regulations related to batteries, battery management systems, electric vehicle and solar systems.
- Experience with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters etc.
- Proven communication skills, with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams and present technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent problem-solving skills when working with complex technical issues.
- Training in Electrical and Electronics Engineering or a related field.
- Industry (EPRA) certifications will be beneficial.
BENEFITS, WHAT’S IN FOR YOU:
- Private health insurance (inpatient outpatient, maternity, eye care, and dental) –
- Group Life Cover
- Airtime allowance (dependent on the nature of the role)
- WIFI payment up to 5 Mbps monthly (dependent on the nature of the role)
- 21 days per annum (excluding public holidays). Annual leave is accrued at the standard rate of 1.75 days per month
M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’ or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.