Jobs at Danish Refugee Council
Business related jobs, Social Science jobs, Social Work jobs, Psychology jobs, Community Health jobs,Gender Development jobs,
Duties and Responsibilities:
Designing, planning & implementation of anti-GBV and other protection activities
- Contribute to designing of relevant and appropriate strategies, concept notes and proposals for GBV P&R.
- Act as focal point for the identification and referral of Extremely Vulnerable Individuals and People with Specific Protection Needs for adequate assistance according to the relevant protection partners.
- Working closely with and referring to the response team individual protection cases, including maintaining strict protocols for confidentiality and consent, for appropriate support.
- Contribute to the establishment/maintenance of a referral pathway, respectful of the confidentiality principle and SOPs.
- Building the capacities of partners, staff and beneficiaries by ensuring capacity-building planning, localized protection working group meetings and facilitation of their training sessions.
- Supervise and coordinate the organization and successful implementation/tracking of GBV prevention activities on SCOPE and Budget i.e. community-based sensitization activities, social mobilization, life-skills and awareness raising activities, working with education partners to ensure schools act as are alternative protection spaces devoid of PSEA with special emphasis on extremely vulnerable individuals and GBV survivors, with the aim of improving their psychosocial well-being.
- Ensure – through the assistants, clear weekly and monthly work plans – protection monitoring, field assessments, community-based activities, especially outreach and awareness raising activities, are carried out in a timely, effective, quality and technically sound manner.
- In collaboration with the MEAL staff, Protection Officer- Monitoring, supervise individual interviews and facilitate participatory protection assessments – applying the Age, Gender and Diversity approach – to fully understand the displaced population in its diversity, their protection concerns and priorities, and the resources available to them.
- Monitors and ensures that the prevention activities are implemented on scope and budget with quality.
Project Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning including Report Writing & Documentation
- Support the collection of information/data about vulnerability, protection needs and concerns of the targeted population.
- Ensure that the above-described protection information gathering, sharing and filing are done in accordance with agreed information management system that adheres to the data protection and information sharing policies in place.
- Conduct follow-up monitoring sessions to ensure that needs have been met in an appropriate manner and beneficiary have the opportunity to provide feedback on the assistance received.
- Ensure dissemination of clear and reliable information on service provision and other preselected key topics to beneficiaries.
- Supervises proper utilization of data generated from the assessments and analysis to inform the GBV prevention activities within the camp and host community.
- Keep a database of the number of beneficiaries per activity in each location, disaggregated by age, gender and diversity.
- Prepares and submit annual DIPs, BFUs and all relevant reports to the team leader on agreed schedules.
- Develop annual DIPs, procurement plans and & ensure timely procurement of sector items, appropriate inventory of all items in the sector & NFIs distributed disaggregated by age gender.
- Ensures proper documentation of all project activities including case studies, human-interest stories, sector operation plans/work plans & reviews, budget trackers and online SharePoint folders.
- Provide verbal and written feedback to supervisor on progress, lesson learnt, achievements, gaps, issues and problems emanating from project implementation plus proposed innovative ideas to improve the program.
- Provide supervision and mentorship to the Protection Assistants and incentive workers to ensure effective implementation of the project cycle.
- Conduct continuous performance objective setting and evaluation for Protection Assistants to ensure growth and development in work
- Conduct weekly work planning together with field teams.
- Coordination and Networking
- Liaise with relevant government actors and partner staff as well as service providers in order to foster effective collaboration and encourage national interest and ownership in protection of refugees and other persons of concerns
- Maintain and promote a positive image of DRC and its activities by explaining what DRC is doing and why DRC operates in that way.
- Develop and maintain positive and professional working relationship with other agencies including community leaders and structures
- Ensure that the monthly GBV/CP working group meetings take place as planned with the participation of all agencies, community leaders & GBV Steering committee.
- Represent DRC in all relevant interagency collaborative meetings and initiatives
- Adhere to upholding the Core Humanitarian Standards for Quality and Accountability in Humanitarian work and mainstreaming the standards in day to day project implementation work.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Protection Team Leader.
Experience and technical competencies
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience within the field of protection, gender-based violence programming, social work.
- Training on GBViE, IASC, EMAP, SASA and other EBIs will be an added advantage.
- Experience working communities within the refugee camp set up in accordance with DRC Dadaab Programme and Protection Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs, CHS CoC) as well as host community population.
- Experience in implementing behavior change communication and community mobilization strategies such as SASA! EMAP, Peer to Peer/life skills/mentorship Community Based Protection and protection monitoring activities.
- Experience in working with people from diverse background and cultures.
- Clear understanding of Core Humanitarian Standards for Quality and Accountability in humanitarian work (CHS);
- Experience with capacity building of staff, and in convening and facilitating trainings and workshops.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills (English) Good analytical and strategic planning skills.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
- A Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, Health, Community and or Gender Development)
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential
- Training on GBViE, PSEAH (Desirable) will be an added advantage
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility over granting mechanism, including conflict sensitivity, risk management, and grantee capacity-building strategy
- Responsible for financial management and oversight of expenditure, oversight of the Field Team supporting financial and grant management, support to tracking intervention progress, identifying and escalating intervention risks, and intervention financial reporting
- Ensure awareness and compliance with donor policies and guidelines by grantees
- Coordinate project kick-off and close-out meetings. Participate in periodic reviews for all ongoing grants
- Manage information on the grants and maintain all documentation related to grant management
- Maintain grantee reporting schedule for all grants.
- Assist the project team in preparing for document verification, financial audits, and donor due diligence assessments.
Program Management and Support:
- Support the establishment of Fund operational and delivery SOPs, and responsible for ensuring adherence to Fund SOPs including financial management procedures, and grantee procurement procedures (selection, due diligence, contracting, expenditure, reporting)
- Support the coordination of the project on financial reporting, documentation, disbursement management and general donor compliance;
- Review financial reports and supporting documents submitted by partner organizations and coordinate with the relevant programme, and finance teams on any financial management issues identified and monitor accompanying remedial actions;
- Support the design of interventions, including grantee capacity-building plans
- Building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders (grantees, in delivery locations, and updating project Stakeholder Matrix
- Strongly Contributes to project quarterly reporting and learning products/events
- Overall oversight of project finances by supporting partners in adjusting spending plans Monitor and maintain a consolidated tracker of disbursements to partners, reporting and cash forecasts.
- Support the project lead on the development and record maintenance relating to Sub Grant Agreements, Partnership Memoranda, Terms of Reference, and associated documentation.
Experience and technical competencies:
- At least three years of experience working with projects and/or grants management.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Good communicator with strong organizational, time management and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Competence in coordinating with partner organizations; monitoring and reviewing financial reports
- The ability to analyse, summarize and present a high volume of information quickly and accurately with advanced structuring
- Excellent organizational skills: the ability to multi-task, learn quickly, and work independently and productively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong strategic thinking and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in working in complex and hardship areas/contexts
- High proficiency in MS Office tools (with excellent Microsoft Excel skills)
- A university degree in BCOM/Business Studies, or any other relevant field
- Professional qualifications and experience in financial and contract management.
- Professional fluency in English.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.