Finance/Accounts Intern at The Tree of Life Kenya
- Posted 2 days ago
- Job level: Internship
- Exp.: 3 – 12 Months
- Min. Education level: Bachelor’s Degree
- Specialism: Accounting, Commerce or Finance / Economics or Statistics
Fondazione L’Albero della Vita – The Tree of Life Kenya is an organization registered in Kenya as a Trust with the aim of ensuring the wellbeing, protection and promotion of the rights of children and their families and encouraging community development.
The Tree of Life envisions a world without poverty where children can enjoy their rights; grow up in a safe environment, protected from all kinds of violence and abuse, with access to equal opportunities.
The organization has been working in Kenya since 2011, focusing on the sectors of Child Protection, Education and safeguarding of children.
The Tree of Life has been operating in the space of Juvenile Justice, Care Reform, Alternative Family Care, TVET and job inclusion for vulnerable youth, as well as improving education, Wash, nutrition and health services in the ASAL and in the informal settlements of Nairobi.
Job Title: Finance/Accounts Intern
Supervisor: Finance Officer
Duty station: Nairobi, FADV office
Duration of the assignment: 6 months
Deadline for application: 28th May 2023
Role and Responsibilities:
- · Assist in processing financial transactions related to office and project expenditures, and maintain an effective filing system for financial transactions and project documents.
- · Assist in maintaining accurate records of financial transactions in order to monitor financial status of project activities, ensuring all accounting data are updated, reconciled and fully supported.
- · Help in review request for payment to ensure data is reconciled with financial management system.
- · Maintain all payment vouchers, accounting logbooks and supporting documents.
- · Ensure accuracy of accounting entries and adequacy of supporting documents.
- · Assist to generate the payroll by-products (deductions) reports.
- · Assist in submission of statutory deductions (NHIF, NSSF, PAYE, HELB etc.)
- · Facilitate the procurement requirements of the project office on the basis of the procurement policy guidelines.
- · Assist the Finance officer in the preparation of the financial reports for all projects implemented in Kenya by The Tree of life.
- · Support the preparation and update of the inventories.
- · Assist the Finance Officer in the preparation of contracts with suppliers, partners and service providers.
- · Participate in the audit process: retrieving documents for audit requests and re-archiving of documents after the audit.
- · Any other duty as required by the line manager commensurate with the post.
Level of studies:
- · Candidates applying for this position must have completed and attained a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting/Finance) or Economics or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
- · Evidence of proficiency and knowledge in Computer Applications (Ms Office and accounting packages).
- · At least 6 months working experience. Previous exposure in a community development organization or non-governmental institution would be asset.
- · Good communication skills (both written and oral) in English.
- · Working knowledge of accounting software (ability to use English language software).
- · Competent in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- · Good analytical and organizational skills, attention to detail and determination to meet deadlines.
- · Honesty and strong ethics are required in order to be successful in this position.
- · Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- · Demonstrated capacity and willingness to learn – open to learning new ways of doing things.
- · Professional attitude towards work.
- · Pro-active and results oriented.
- · Flexible and adaptable in working in a multicultural environment
- · Confidentiality – Employees must sign a confidentiality agreement and may not share organizational materials without the express written permission from a supervisor.
- · Respect – FADV aims to always show respect and appreciation for our team members and they ask all staff to show
Application (Cover letter and CV with two references) should be submitted specifying in the subject Finance/Accounts Intern Kenya
Deadline for application is 28th May 2023
Do not attach in this phase ID documents, school or university certificates, or any other unrequested document.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
APPLY FOR THIS VACANCY
Application will be sent to